Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blog Post 29

  1. What did I learn from this assignment about my own writing process?
This assignment taught me how to extend the normal four paragraph structure of the standard rhetorical analyses I wrote in high school. I learned that I need to work on clearly structuring my papers to write effectively and in an organized way. However, I recognized my abilities to draw out implicit themes within Stanton's blog to reflect on the relevance of the issues on social media today and society today.
  1. Is this a more successful paper than the last? Why?
This is a more successful paper than my last because I was more used to the structure, and felt more comfortable writing a rhetorical analysis. Never having written a QRG before, I struggled with the formulation and portrayal of my ideas. I feel this essay was more abundant in direct evidence that support my assertions.
  1. What is one thing I wish I could have done differently?
I wish that I had edited the structure of my essay more to avoid run-on sentences. I really struggle with writing to-the-point, clear ideas. I also struggle with synonyms; sometimes I use the wrong words because I want to avoid repetition.
  1. What did I Iearn about the importance of rhetoric and rhetorical analysis?
I learned that a rhetorical situation extends further than the argument of the author, but includes background information and research as well. Without prior knowledge, or information about a situation, an audience cannot fully comprehend the magnitude of an argument. I also learned that rhetoric is not only found in text, but photos as well. Basically every form of media has a rhetorical situation, it is just more abstract to determine a rhetorical situation from a photograph or image.
  1. How can I apply these lessons to my work in other classes?
My new abilities to assess the rhetorical situation of multi-media mediums will allow me to have deeper insights and perceptions in other classes. I will be able to organize my ideas in a clear and effective way to determine the purpose and message behind almost all arguments and statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment