Saturday, October 31, 2015

Blog 32: Initial Thoughts About My Audience



General Americans looking to make a difference may be interested by my argument ; however, anyone and everyone should be impacted by the humanitarian injustices I will describe. I will be appealing to teenagers and adults, because little kids do not have the level of understanding or education to be able to help global change. My message shows that anyone has the ability to make a difference in the education and bettering of the lives of those combatting poverty and hardships, so I want my argument to be easy to understand so that anyone who reads/views it realizes they can make a difference. My intended audience will value equality, opportunity, and global advancement.

Since the communities described in my argument are very small and rural, my audience will most likely have very little knowledge about the subject. For these reasons, I will give extensive background information so that they can connect to these communities on an emotional level- my goal is to make my audience want to help.
Individuals who will be hostile to my argument are those who are indifferent to global unity, and equality. They will say that a small difference in a small community does not really help the world as a whole; however, we have to start somewhere. Large ripples start with a small drop in the pond, and empowerment cannot happen overnight. But, if we work to educate and support those passionate about change, and the world as a whole will eventually revolutionize into an equally developed society.

My audience needs to have a basic understanding of poverty, and the disadvantages of poor educations. My audience also needs to understand that America is not supreme to any other nation, and that global empowerment is more useful than forcing American culture across the globe. My argument focuses on cultural immersement, and recognizing the importance of a wide range of societies. Each community can thrive off of their own traditions and cultures if they are given the resources and help to reach their full potentials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment