Saturday, October 31, 2015

HONY Rhetorical Analysis Reflection

Reflection on What I learned
I learned how to write more clearly throughout this assignment. I realized that wordiness and long sentences do not accurately demonstrate my knowledge and credibility as a writer; however, concise language and clearly structured sentences help my prose greatly. I believe this is a more successful paper for me because I understood the format of a rhetorical analysis better than the format of a QRG. I wish I would've paid more attention to MLA format, and done more research on the rebel groups/terrorism in Syria in order to better understand Stanton's interviewed refugee's more clearly. I feel that my new ability to write more clearly will apply to my other classes in that I can write better structured papers and assignments. For example, my chem lab reports will be less wordy, and my Personal Morality writing assignments will be in simpler terms.

I think in teaching this unit, we could review the structure of a rhetorical analysis in more depth. Rather, I am used to writing about a 4 paged rhetorical analysis in a typical 4 paragraph essay format, and it was a little confusing to have to stray from what I am used to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment